Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Fever for My Lil Boo

Matthew had a fever last night so, not a fun night! He slept pretty well all considering. But, putting him down for the night was a little more difficult then usual. I normally let him put him self to sleep once his routine for the night is done. But, last night I lingered a little longer then normal laying beside him in bed. I worried he needed a little extra comforting with his fever. I have to admit I do love just laying next to him in bed. But, I don't want to spoil him and have him resentful when the next baby comes because I can't linger as long. He always smells so nice at bedtime after his bath, smells of baby shampoo and lavender. After about twenty minutes of laying with him, he drifted off to sleep. As I made my way out of his room (about 9pm), I took one last look at my baby - he really is growing up too fast - In his big boy bed all ready!

He awoke again around 5:30am with a fever. Chris and I gave him some Motrin and I tried unsuccessfully to get him to go back to sleep. So, Lil Boo was up out of bed around 6am this morning. He is napping now, he went down around 1pm, let's hope it's a good nap - he sure needs it!

No comments: