Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Menu Planning Monday



I know I know I'm late with this...

I did my grocery trips this weekend. I'm still intrigued with The Grocery Cart Challenge. I am a work in progress but I'll get there!!! My overall goal for this month is $450 - so let's see!? I think that is realistic and who knows with time I may improve but the goal is to maintain. I want my family first of all to eat healthy and not to feel deprived. I am pretty much up to $300 now - but I have plenty of meals planned and and abundance of food to last at least until 07/22 so I predict all is doable. My curve ball right now is the Safeway Summer Saving Promotion. Check this out over with Money Making Mom. I plan to stock up with the savings using Safeway Summer Saving Promotion, while planning my meals and grocery trips with The Grocery Cart Challenge and maintain my budget. We'll see how it goes!!!!

Menu Planning Monday

Breakfast
Any fruit breakfast cobler
amish baked oatmeal - Another big hit in our household
weight watcher pumpkin muffins
buttermilk pancakes (froznen from last week)
orange julies smoothies - my kids and are lovin these!! And I enjoy them as well!!

Dinners
Vegatarin chili with weight watchers corn bread
Oven Fried Eggplant with marinana sauce
crockpot potato chowder - a hit with both my kids :-)
salmon loaf and brocolli
vegatarian meat loaf with green beans
ranch potatos

Ground Beef Gyros

Falfels - One of my personal favs. but it's growing on my hubby!


Snacks
babysitter cookies
brownies

1 comment:

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Thanks for the link, Terri! I hope you'll have success with the Safeway promo. I've been able to stockpile pasta, sauce, brown rice, cereal, etc. for months, plus donate a TON of food to our local food bank. I love when they do promos like this!


ps--could you please change the link and the link in your sidebar to "Mommy Making Money." That's the name of my blog. Thank you!