Sunday, July 20, 2008

Time To Make The Donuts!!!




Inspired by "The Grocery Cart Challenge" - This morning I treated all three of my boys (that's including my hubby) to homemade donuts. My oldest son was the first one to try them, then he called on the rest of the crew to come enjoy the tasty treats! I have to admit I was intimidated with the thought of making donuts from scratch at first. I am actually a good baker but the frying and shaping of the donuts worried me at first. But the recipe (here) is actually pretty easy and they turned out pretty good! The recipe made 14 donuts and a bunch of donut holes so, I froze half. If I didn't freeze them they would be gone in no time and they are a treat in our household....we do try and eat healthy. Being Canadian it's in our blood to just LOVE DONUTS! Thanks again Gayle from "The Grocery Cart Challenge :-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gayle said...

Terri you Rock! Don't you feel like a total gourmet? Those look like store bought, they're so pretty.