Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Friendship Month


Hey there! I learned today that this is "Friendship Month". I am in Mom's Club and this was posted in our monthly newsletter it was written by our president "Liz Rodrigez"....


"Friendships – who needs them? I do, I do! Most of us have at least one true friend in our lives. Whether we have one or more true friends, it’s important to realize that we need our friendships to give us fulfillment. At different stages of our lives, what we need in a friend may change. Sometimes we outgrow friendships or move to a new place and long for our old friends. This month is International Friendship month. So, it’s a month to notice and nurture existing friendships and perhaps build new friendships to enrich our lives.

Our lives can be so hectic at times and it may seem that it’s hard to connect with people that truly matter to us. Time for connecting with friends is essential to our well-being and quality of life. Whether it is a regularly scheduled lunch date, a handwritten "just thinking about you" note, or a regular phone call, we should strive to connect consistently. Making the effort to be there for friends at a critical moment will mean so much. And, telling your friends that they are special is an easy and small gesture but makes a great impact on the feelings of your friends. "

I thought this was so nice, so I had to share it here!
I've lived in Canada most of my life, then California, and now home is Texas. I've made friends with these travels, that I'm greatful for. Thankfully, I have my best friend beside me everyday, my dearest hubby!
Happy Friendship Month To ALL my dear Friends!!!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What a great reminder!