Monday, January 21, 2008

A Happy Marriage




I'm all about a nurturing my marriage. I believe it's the foundation of our family. While most of the times the pieces just fall in place as they should, sometimes it does require work! Yesterday while at Starbucks (enjoying some much needed mommy time), I was reading an article in Real Simple that had a couple of nice tips to the secrets of a good marriage. Here's a couple to share....


1. My personal favorite....Never argue with your cloths on. If you are out and about to fight you know that you have to wait until you are home and undressed. By then you've usually forgotten what the trouble was all about. he!he!


2. Choose to stay in love. Do things for each other to help out ie watch a chick flick with your wife or a football game with your hubby. Things will change over time but don't let your being in love change.


3. Kiss every day!


4. And this one was really cute... asking an elderly neighbor the secret to a happy marriage and his reply ... "My wife and I agreed long ago that I'd make all the big decisions and she'd make all the little decisions. And in all these years together, there just haven't been any big decisions! :-)


1 comment:

Melanie said...

Ha-ha! I'm glad you found some time to get a way! :)